Monday, October 10, 2011

Another day of trying to look up


When I woke up today, it was a little hard to look up.
I felt as if I had been doing something wrong, or maybe not completed enough things that I am supposed to do.

To be honest I do not feel ready to go on my trip to India.  I don’t have my Visa yet, I don’t have a plane ticket yet. I don’t know the exact dates yet.  Sometimes this bothers me, because I like the comfort in having a plan, or structure.  Its embarrassing to think I could have done so much by now and been prepared a month ago.

Funny though how I look at this little things and make them seem like big things.  I know all will be accomplished in time.  I know that I will be ready even if I don’t feel like I am.
God has gone ahead of me and prepared the way.

I went on a run today with Ben. He is one of my best friends and we have known each other through some hard and joyful times. 

Ben is really good at reminding me about the simple things in life that I often forget.  I really appreciate our friendship.  Anyways we were running, it is a beautiful day, blue sky and white clouds.  I looked up many times during our run and just thought, wow, this sky is awesome. Having the ability to run is awesome, being here in this moment is awesome.

We were chatting a bit and reflecting on the past few years.  Ben talked about how good it can feel to just be outside in the fall and experiencing it.

Then I remembered something my friend Ryan Brown would always say, We are human-beings not human-doings.  Just be, do not get caught up in the doing.
So again today I was reminded to look up and just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment