Monday, January 9, 2012

Three days in the Land of much Honking

How does one begin to describe the last three days of my life?  My world has been turned upside down.  I have gone from being a self-sustaining adult, to an infant.
I cannot speak the language, I cannot navigate the town.  I must rely on the help of others.
I am being changed once again.  I can feel it deep within my core.  C.S. Lewis once wrote, ”Every time you make a choice you are turning the central part of you, the part that chooses, into something a little different from what it was before.”

2 Corinthians 4:16
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we waste away inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

Yes, I am responsible for making choices that influence who I become.  I chose to come to India. I chose to finish school.  I chose to step out in faith.  I chose to accept God’s call to follow Him daily.  But ultimately it is God who changes us.  It is He who molds us into something new.

John 15:16
You did not chose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go bear fruit- fruit that will last.

Worst moment.
Feeling overwhelmed with everything. Being a complete stranger in to this new place, fighting feelings of being alone. I felt like I didn’t belong, felt tired.

Best moment.
This moment I had on the roof; looking at the sunset, the fields, the mountains, but most importantly Naomi, my new friend.  She is a shy little girl, maybe that is why I can relate.  At my very core I am a quiet reserved person, as a child I was also very shy.  It is who God created me to be.  I have times of speaking out but at my core I love nothing more than to be quiet, and just take everything in.  Back to Naomi, she has a disorder, well I’m not really sure what she has, and I do not believe it matters.  All the children I have meat so far are Children of God, they all have names, and are all beautiful.

  It was in this moment I thought, “there is nowhere else on earth I would rather be than right here and right now.  Time seemed to stand still.

No comments:

Post a Comment