Sunday, January 15, 2012

10 Days in India

“God spoke when there was no inward storm”
-          George Matheson (excerpt from Stream in the Desert)

I have had difficulty finding peace and quiet.  Something I value greatly.  But I must not idolize my quiet devotion.  I think God is planning on revealing himself slowly to me during my current stretch of the journey.  Even when I get alone with him I have inward thoughts racing every which way. 
My documentary mind takes over throughout the day as well.  Everything here is interesting and new to my eyes.  The irony is all the new things I am seeing are actually old. 
For example:
Ironing shirts with coal heated cast iron

Cooking over open fire

Telephones

Bicycles

I feel like I am in some post apocalyptic film. Where a remnant of British culture has survived.
Right now on this Sabbath morning I feel peace.  I am thankful for it.  I am vowing to rest more than the other days of the week.  A hard task in this new world that is bustling below me.

1 comment:

  1. Anson, Just read ALL your blog posts! I love your perspective, the way you communicate that, and your heart! Be blessed during your journey time in India. Can't wait to follow the journey as it continues. ~Theresa Hill <><

    ReplyDelete