Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Why India?

On August 29th , two weeks ago, I committed to going to India for six months. My assignment is simple: take a camera, make videos and share them with the world.

What Am I sharing?

The stories of children who were, abandoned by their families and sent to an orphanage just because they were not seen as healthy. 100% of the children that live at Sara’s Covenant Homes have some form of disability or special needs. Many of these needs require special surgeries, medications, and proper nutrition.

This simple verse seems to have defined this journey God is about to take me on: James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.




GOD (is greater than) ME (plus) YOU (plus) PRAYER (equals) INDIA (trip Jan 2012-June 2012)
This picture represents that no matter how much You and I plan, donate, fundraise, give, create, and sacrifice, we can never be greater than what God can do. I believe through genuine prayer, and fasting that we will begin to understand what God will do in India through whatever means He sees fit.


God’s Part
John 15:16
You did not choose me but I chose you and appointed You to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last.

My Part

Accepting
Isaiah 6:8
Here I am God, Send me to the World
I accepted the call to India because I have already accepted the call to Christ. In accepting this call I no longer have a plan or single place that I am called to, I am called to Christ. In my journey so far these words remind me that I will be sent many places but my call is to Talk with God daily. “No one has any right to demand where he will be put to work.” (Oswald Chambers Utmost For His Highest 5.7)

Your part
Acts 4:32
All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had.
As the body of Christ your part is simple to share what we have been given with others.
Some of you will Pray
Some of you will donate
Some of you will fast
Some of you will come to India yourselves
We each share a part in creating a change in this world, everyone's answer will be expressed in a different form but they will all stem from this basic action: love.
John 13:34
A new command I give you: Love one another. AS I have loved you, so you must love one another.

If you are reading this then you have heard the Cry of the poor
Now the question is what will you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment